Skip to content


Who Can Enroll in Pathways Academy Adult Education?

This program is available to all students that are at least 16 years old that reside anywhere in the state of California. There is no age cap on the students we are able to enroll! Students who are 19+ and have been out of school for any period of time must be participating in WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act), YouthBuild, Job Corps, and/or be registered with CalJOBS.  If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact our office.

Find your local One-Stop to enroll in WIOA:

To register with CalJOBS:

Start The Application Process Now (CA Residents ONLY ):


FAQs for Enrollment

Homeless Resources

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines homelessness as a student who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This definition includes students who:

  • Are “doubled-up” or sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.
  • Are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds, or shelters
  • Have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as regular sleeping accommodations for human beings.
  • Are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings.
  • Are migratory children and unaccompanied youth (not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian) who qualify as homeless because they are children who are living in similar circumstances listed above.

In order to identify and support children and youth experiencing homelessness, Pathways Academy Adult Education is required to administer a housing questionnaire annually to all parents and guardians. Students identified as homeless under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, have the right to:

  • Attend school
  • Enroll immediately, even if they are missing records and documents normally required for enrollment
  • Stay in the school they attended before becoming homeless (school of origin) if the parent/guardian so chooses
  • Participate fully in their education and receive equal access to all school programs and activities

If you have any questions regarding our homeless/foster youth resources please contact our staff at:

(619) 371-5017
Below are additonal helpful links:

Need some more help? We are here for you!

Call or text (619) 371-5017 or email


Enrollment Complaint Procedure:

Pursuant to Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4), charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.

Also pursuant to this new law, a parent, guardian, or student who is 18 years or older may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the Charter School’s authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4).

If you would like to file a complaint, please use the provided forms below:

Pathways Academy Charter School – Adult Education (Warner Unified School District) please use this form.

If you would prefer to receive the form via mail, please contact our office and we will mail one to you.

Uniform Complaint Procedures: